Youth age 8 – 18 are eligible to participate in Pellet Gun and Archery classes at the Black River Sportsman’s Club in Withee.
Cost for each class is $10 per person and includes training materials and T-shirt.
Pellet Gun Classes
January 8, 15, 22, 29, and February 29
7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
February 19, 26, and March 5, 12, 19, and 26
5:30 – 7:00 p.m. (8 – 12 years old)
7:00 – 8:30 p.m. (13 – 18 years old)
These courses in no way duplicates or replaces the WI Department of Natural Resources Hunters Safety Program; rather it is designed to supplement it. The programs are being conducted with the following goals in mind:
· Encourage participation in environmental and outdoor education programs by exposing youth to shooting, hunting, and other related activities
· Support youth in developing valuable conservation and natural resources, related knowledge, skills, and stewardship
· Enhance development of self-concept, character and personal growth through safe, educational, and socially acceptable involvement in shooting
· Teach safe and responsible use of firearms and archery equipment
· Promote the highest standards of safety, sportsmanship, ethical behavior, and conservation
· Strengthen families through participation in lifelong recreational activities
· Provide hands-on learning experience
· To have fun!!!
Classes are limited to 24 youth per session. Registration forms are available online at: https://clark.uwex.edu/4-h-shooting-sports/ or at the UW-Extension Office (715-743-5121). Any other questions can be directed to Heidi Bower (715-678-2308).