The Jackson County Sheriff’s Office, with the assistance of the Department of Justice Division of
Criminal Investigation and the Wisconsin State Crime Laboratory have successfully identified the human
remains found during the death investigation on County Highway O in the Town of Manchester.
Through DNA testing, the human remains have been identified as those of Richard Lee Bork, age 51,
from rural Black River Falls, Wisconsin.
Star Myers (Bork) reported her husband, Richard Bork, as a missing person on March 9th , 2023, but the
totality of information obtained throughout this investigation has made it clear to law enforcement that
Richard Bork was never missing, but instead was the victim of a homicide.
This investigation has uncovered evidence of a multitude of crimes committed by numerous people
connected to this case, including but not limited to:
- Obstructing / resisting arrest
- Possession or receiving of stolen property
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Possession of controlled substances
- Possession of controlled substances with the intent to deliver
- Maintaining a drug trafficking house
- Felon in possession of a firearm
- Possession of a short-barreled shotgun
- Mutilating and hiding a corpse
- Harboring or aiding a felon
- Felony bail jumping
- 1st degree intentional homicide
This is a complex case that has a wide range of criminal activity involving numerous suspects and
potential defendants. The primary involved persons have been identified, arrested and are undergoing
criminal prosecution; however, this investigation remains open and active. This is an isolated incident and
there is no threat to the public. This all the information we are prepared to release at this time.