Do you have a great chocolate dessert recipe? If so, you should consider entering in the annual
Chocolate Dessert Contest taking place on Saturday, August 12 th at the Clark County Fair. Registration
starts at 9:00 a.m. and judging will begin at 9:30 a.m. No entry fee but pre-registration is required. There
are two divisions: youth (8 – 18) and adult (19 and older) and each division is limited to 20 participants.
Requirements and Guidelines:
- Contest is open to any individual; one entry per person.
- Entry must be from “scratch” (no mixes).
- Recipe must contain two dairy products and a generous portion of chocolate (any type).
- Recipe must be submitted with entry on day of event and must list the ingredients, preparation
instructions, highlight/circle dairy ingredients and chocolate ingredients.
- Recipe must be printed on one side of paper (not double sided).
- Name, address, and phone number of participant must be printed on the backside of paper.
- Judging will be based on the following criteria:
a. Flavor (30 points)
b. Overall appearance (25 points)
c. Creativity – appearance, ingredients, etc. (20 points)
d. Moistness and crumb texture (15 points)
e. Consistency – size and shape (10 points)
Cash prizes of $25 / $15 / $10 for both divisions. To pre-register please contact the Extension Office at
715-743-5121 by August 7th