Another search for missing Winona woman Madeline Kingsbury will take place at the closed Whispering Hills Girl Scout Camp on Sunday, April 29, 2023.
Madeline Kingsbury, whose disappearance has been ruled involuntary and suspicious by authorities has been missing since the morning of March 31st.
Organizers ask that you please start arriving around 10 am. There is no formal parking lot, so they are asking volunteers to carpool when possible. Park along the dirt road entrance to the park and then walk to the open area where we will have a tent and table set-up. Please check-in upon arrival and remember to check out before you leave! You will then be assigned to a group/group leader for that day and receive a vest if needed. Around 10:30, they will give a quick safety and search conduct brief. They will then send you out! We have this full story and the rules for the search on our website.
The organizers have stated there can be no exceptions to the following rules:
- Wear weather appropriate clothing and layers with CLOSED-TOE shoes that are suitable for muddy, uneven terrain.
- Wear fluorescent/reflective clothing and/or large accessories (vests, jackets, hats) for visibility.
- This search is 18 years of age and older.
- No dogs are allowed unless they are canine search and rescue trained and certified with a proper handler.
- If you are unable to walk long distances or rough terrain. Please do not attend this search.
The family has a Facebook page here with more information on upcoming searches and updates.